ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2021 is out : The authorities of the Abia State University (ABSU) is now selling the application forms for admission into its Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
ABSU official Logo
Latest: ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021 Academic Session is yet to be release this page is for the pervious section. BOOKMARK this page to be the first to know when is updated.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited for admission into the underlisted postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Programmes of Abia State University in the 2019/2020 Academic session.
Recommended ABSU Links:
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form:
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
- A graduate from recognized university or a person with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are satisfied. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Applicants for PGD in Business Administration must in addition possess credits at O’level in English Language, Mathematics, and Economics.
- Applicants for Diploma in Estate Management must possess good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners and the relevant cognate experience may be considered.
- For postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology, applicants must possess one of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology, applicants must possess B.Sc in allied services from reputable Universities.
- MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied. However, candidates with CGPA of 2.6 on 4 point scale or 3.00 on 5 point scale and above will be given preference.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.ED who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration course and Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- For the Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology, applicants must have M.B.B.S or equivalent degree obtained from this university or any recognized University. Also for the Masters Degree in Human Physiology, a good second class Honours in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in related subject provided the Physiology content is substantial, will be considered.
- For the Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Estate Management holders of Abia State University Postgraduate Diploma in any recognized Universities in Urban and Regional Planning at the merit level and above will be considered.
- For M.Sc in Clinical Optometry, applicants must have O.D from accredited school and ODORBN with CGPA of not less than 3.00 in 5 Point scale.
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) DEGREE MPhil/Ph.D
- Candidate with a good master degree (NOT MBA) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Candidate with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on the 4 point scale or 4.0 point on 5 point scale will be given preference. Candidates must have obtained (60%) sixty percent average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence. In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and interview. Candidate with CGPA lower than 3.0 on 4 point scale or 4.0 on 5 point scale will be required to do an MPhil/Ph.D
CREDENTIALS: Photocopies of NYCS Discharge/Exemption Certificate, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms, as well as arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, school of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
Duration of ABSU Postgraduate Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Full-Time: Minimum of four semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of fourteen semesters.
How to Apply for ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2021
- Candidates should proceed to any of the following banks: First Bank Plc, Zenith, UBA, Ecobank Plc, ABSU MFB Uturu, Keystone Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Union Bank, Skye Plc. Log on to the e-transact network and request to pay application fee of N11,500 (Eleven thousand, five hundred naira) for the form and service charges.
- Collect the e-transact receipt from the Bank on payment and proceed to any internet centre for the completion of the form.
- Log on to the ABSU portal http://abiastateuniversity.edu.ng and complete application form.
- Finally, confirm your entry and print a copy of the form as well as three copies of the referee confidential reports which will be forwarded to your referees for completion (Two of these should be the candidate’s former teacher at the University level).
Deadline for application:
28th December, 2019.
If you have any question on ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2021, let’s talk about it in the comment section below.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
👉When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest👈: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education (IAUE) Supplementary Admission into Some Programme for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us