Apply Now: Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award 2020: The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) is now accepting applications from eligible early-career scientists researching phosphorus in Africa for its 2020 Fellowship Award. The deadline for the submission of applications for the APNI Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award is 1st June 2020.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Fellowship Award’s aim is to encourage scientific programs relevant to understanding and improving phosphorus (P) management in African agro-ecosystems.
About Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award 2020.
The Young African Phosphorus Fellowship will confer awards to five early-career scientists working in either a National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) institution or African university.
- Scientists working at an African NARES institution or university who are age 40 or younger at the time of application are eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants must submit a creative proposal that addresses current knowledge gaps or synthesizes existing information leading to improved management. Include a description of how the award will be used (such as to support research activities and/or support travel) to achieve the proposed objectives.
- Evidence of any scientific partnerships and institutional collaboration will be reviewed favourably.
- Female scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Up to $5,000 will be awarded to the selected winners.
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following materials in English or French:
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved understanding of Phosphorus management in agricultural systems. This should outline any new research, data synthesis, or travel that will be supported with the Fellowship funds. Include sufficient detail that will permit evaluation of its originality, innovative approach, and relevance.
- An electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which must be from the applicant’s supervisor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A resume that includes the date of birth, academic degrees, and any relevant publications dealing with Phosphorus behaviour in soil, water or plants.
- A short report will be required at the end of the award period that describes how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal.
- You will be required to upload documents during the on-line application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals by the June 1, 2020 deadline. Recipients will be notified in August 2020.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education (IAUE) Supplementary Admission into Some Programme for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us