In this eHow guide, I will be showing you How to Verify CAC Certificate Numbers on the new CAC Verification Site.
Before we proceed first let us look at why you have to verify your CAC Certificate number.
CAC Certificate Number is a unique been given to you by the Corporate Affairs Commission that stands as an identification of your Business name or Company been registered or authentic in Nigeria.
In the previous years before now verifying your CAC Certificate number, you are required to visit a CAC office to fill paper forms at times. Well, that was in the stone age. Thanks to the new system been introduce by the commission you no longer have to go through that time-consuming process again. You can do this in the comfort of your home.
I have to inform you that there is a CAC verification site where you can verify CAC number of any registered Business name, Incorporated Trustees and Companies in Nigeria.
This website enables you to verify the business name or verify CAC certificate of any business or organization in Nigeria before doing any business with them, you can get this done with just a click on the CAC public search portal.
How To Verify CAC Registration number on CAC Verification Site
The below will guide you on how to verify a business on the Corporate Affairs Commission verification site
- Enter the CAC Registration Number of the entity
- Click “Search”
- On the result page, click on the business name, company or incorporated trustees tab. See image below.
If the CAC number you entered is a valid number of an entity registered with CAC in Nigeria, you will see the RC or BN number with the registered name and address.
How do I verify my CAC certificate?
- Visit CAC website by clicking here,
- Type the company name in the field provided without “Plc”, “Limited” or “Ltd”.
- Check the “I am not a robot” CAPTCHA box.
- Click submit
CAC CONTACT INFORMATION
1. CAC ADDRESS
- Plot 420, Tigris Crescent, Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja. Nigeria.
- [email protected]
CAC CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER
- Line 1 – 08182298971
- Line 2 – 08182299016
- Line 3 – 09087401599
- Line 4 – 09087401598
CAC FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHO ARE ACCREDITED AGENTS?
Accredited agents are the person(s) or institutions certified by the corporate affairs commission to process and submit pre-incorporation and post-incorporation filings on behalf of individuals and businesses.
2. I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD, WHAT CAN I DO?
On the Login prompt; use the forgot password feature; this would send you an electronic mail notification on further steps to take to reset your password or get a new one
3. WHAT DO I DO IF I DO NOT RECEIVE MY PASSWORD AFTER ACCOUNT CREATION?
Go to the ‘Sign in’ page and click the ‘Forgot Password’ link and follow the instructions. An email containing a password reset link will be sent to your registered email address. Click on the link or paste it into your browser and follow the steps provided.
4. WHAT DOES CAC-CRP MEAN?
This stands for the Corporate Affairs Commission – Company Registration Portal.
5. HOW CAN I GET A CAC-CRP PORTAL ACCOUNT ACCESS?
It is easy as visiting services.cac.gov.ng and clicking the ‘Create Account’ button; fill in the form, submit and your account details would be sent to the email address you entered.
6. WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY CAC-CRP PORTAL ACCOUNT?
With your CAC-CRP portal account, you can submit pre-incorporation and post-incorporation filings with the Corporate Affairs Commission online in real-time. You can also conveniently make payment for these filings from the comfort of your home; 24/7 a year.
7. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING I MUST DO TO REGISTER A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA?
To register a business in Nigeria; you would need to conduct a name search of the business. You can achieve this using your CAC-CRP account
8. WHAT DO I NEED TO SUBMIT A SUCCESSFUL NAME AVAILABILITY REQUEST?
- To submit a name availability request successfully; you would need the following:
- The name(s) to search; a maximum of two options
- Your CAC-CRP account access (username and password) N500 only
- Other required information about the type of business (Please use an accredited agent if in doubt)
9. BUT I DON’T HAVE AN E-PAYMENT CREDIT/DEBIT CARD; HOW CAN I PAY ONLINE?
If you do not have a debit/credit card to use for payment online; you can still use your internet banking to pay for fees in the CAC-CRP.
If you don’t have internet banking either; just generate the bill from the CAC-CRP; walk into any bank branch in Nigeria and make the payment.
10. BUT I AM OUTSIDE NIGERIA HOW AM I AFFECTED?
This service is available for anybody to use from anywhere in the world at any point in time. Payment options available though are debit/credit cards as well as internet banking with any of the Nigerian banks.
11. HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY NAME AVAILABILITY WAS APPROVED OR DECLINED?
Once your name search request has been processed; you would receive an email notification at your officially registered email address.
Then on logging in to your CAC-CRP account; you would be able to see the status of your application as well as generate the availability approval/disapproval form.
12. WHAT DO I DO IF MY NAME AVAILABILITY REQUEST IS DECLINED?
You can seek advice from an accredited agent, or make another name search application.
13. WHAT IS THE CLOSEST CAC OFFICE TO ME?
Please check the CAC official website at www.cac.gov.ng for information on offices Nationwide
14. WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Please check the CAC official website at www.cac.gov.ng for information
15. WHAT IS TIN?
TIN stands for “Tax identification number”. You can apply for your TIN online. But you need to have a business name and a company that is registered.
16. WHAT IS BN?
BN stands for Business name number
17. WHAT IS RC NUMBER?
RC stands for registered Company number. the RC number can be used to check whether a company is registered in Nigeria.
Well, that is all there is to this post. If you have any questions about How to use CAC Verification Site, kindly use the comment section below.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829