CASW Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award 2020: Applications are open for the CASW’s Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award 2020 for Young Science Journalists. The award is intended to encourage young science writers by recognizing outstanding reporting and writing in any field of science.
Applications are invited for the Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award 2020 for Young Science Journalists. The award is intended to encourage young science writers by recognizing outstanding reporting and writing in any field of science.
Now in its 31st year, CASW’s Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award was created to recognize the contributions to the journalism of both Ev Clark and Seth Payne. The award is given in memory of Ev Clark, a veteran journalist at Business Week, The New York Times and Newsweek, and Seth Payne, his long-time friend and colleague at Business Week and a founder of the award. It is designed to carry on the work of both men, who offered friendship and advice to generations of young journalists.
CASW Evert Clark/Seth Payne Prizes
The 2020 winner will receive $1,000 and expenses to attend ScienceWriters2020 in Colorado.
CASW Evert Clark/Seth Payne Eligibility
- The award is limited to non-technical, print and online journalism. Articles published in newspapers (including college newspapers), magazines, newsletters and websites are eligible.
- Both freelancers and staff writers are eligible. (Books, as well as articles in technical journals and trade association publications, are not eligible).
- Science writing includes, but is not limited to, writing in the biological, physical, environmental, computer, and space sciences, along with technology, mathematics, health and science policy.
- Applicants must be age 30 or younger. The 2020 award will be limited to those applicants whose 31st birthday is July 1, 2020, or later.
- Applications for the 2020 award will be accepted beginning January 1, 2020. Applicants may submit a single article or series, or up to four individual pieces. Articles must be published between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020, but an entire series will be accepted if most parts are published between those dates.
- Applications may be submitted by the author or on the author’s behalf.
- All entries must be submitted in English.
How to Apply for CASW Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award.
Interested applicants can apply through this link or by clicking the start application button below.
Judging and Presentation
The award is judged by a panel of science writers and scientists selected by CASW and the Clark/Payne Fund, which was originally established at the National Press Foundation and is now managed by CASW.
CASW Evert Clark/Seth Payne Application Deadline
June 30, 2020
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829