With the new National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)’s USSD service and app, you can now easily retrieve & check your National Identity Number (NIN) on your mobile phone. See how you can check NIN on phone via USSD below.
You will recall that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had earlier issued a two-week ultimatum to telecommunication operators to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers; although there is an intervention by the senate to extend it.
If you forgotten your National Identity Number (NIN), you can now check it on your mobile phone. This process is only applicable for users that have already register for the National Identity Number (NIN).
How to Check NIN on Phone Via USSD
Dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN. This service is FREE OF CHARGE on all the Nigerian Mobile Networks including MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9mobile.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
If you have already know you National ID card number, go ahead and Link your National Identity Number (NIN) to your Number.
If you are yet to register you can check our post on
- How to Apply for National Identity Number (NIN)
- National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Enrolment Centres
Watch our video on how to link your NIN to Airtel sim.
How to Know if your NIN Card is Ready
To check if your National Identity Number (NIN) card is ready, visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website- www.nimc.gov.ng.
Scroll down the homepage and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and now available at the activation centre.
After, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘check now’ icon button.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us