Bayero University (BUK) has denied a purported report circulating in the social media that the Vice Chancellor, Professor Muhammad Yahuza Bello has tested positive of coronavirus.
In a statement issued by the Secretary, Information and Publication, Malam Lamara Garba, on Saturday, 18th April, 2020 said “our attention has been drawn to fabricated and fake news which alleged that the Vice Chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, Professor Muhammad Yahuza Bello was tested positive of the Coronavirus disease.
“For the avoidance of doubt, Professor Bello has never been suspected of the disease nor tested. He is hale and hearty, ” the statement said.
The statement urged members of the public to ignore the purported news and consider it as fake, fabricated and of no basis whatsoever. It said that the Vice Chancellor, Professor Muhammad Yahuza Bello is not a member of the Kano State Task Force chaired by the Deputy Governor, Nasiru Gawuna as claimed by the malicious news. Professor Bello only served as the co-chairman of Kano Fund Raising Committee which had since submitted its report to the Governor on Monday, 6th April, 2020 before the outbreak of the index case.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education (IAUE) Supplementary Admission into Some Programme for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us