The Edo State Government on Monday, April 6, 2020, announced that the state will commence televising of SSCE and NECO class. The broadcast will target students in Senior Secondary Schools preparing for West African Senior School Examination (WASSCE) and National Examinations Council (NECO).
This was contained in a statement, by the Commissioner for Education, Barr. Jimoh Ijegbai said the classes will be televised every day from 12noon to 1:00 pm on the state’s owned television station, Edo Broadcasting Service (EBS).
The commissioner said the move is part of the state government’s effort to curtail the spread of coronavirus ravaging the country.
Ijegbai said, “Edo State Ministry of Education, in collaboration with Edo State Broadcasting Service (EBS) and the Academic Staff Union of Secondary School (ASUSS) is organizing a television programme for students in Senior Secondary Schools, particularly those writing the West African Senior School Examination (WASSCE) and National Examinations Council (NECO) for the year 2020 May/June/July.”
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
According to the commissioner, the students will be taught Mathematics on Monday and English on Tuesday, while Physics, Biology, Geography, Civic/Economics and Chemistry will be televised on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively.
He further urged parents and guardians to draw the attention of their children and wards to the opportunity during the stay-at-home period.
Source: The Nation
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us