In an effort to check the spread of Covid -19 which has become a pandemic in the world. The Federal Ministry of education has directed all school nationwide to be shut down over the outbreak of Covid-19 in the country and also as part of measure to contain the disease.
This was disclosed by the permanent secretary of the ministry of education, Mr Sonny Echono.
According to the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has asked all principals of the 104 Unity Colleges “to fast-track the ongoing second term examinations and close shop until further notice.”
This closure was announced in a statement by Mr Ben Goong Director, Press and Public Relations in Abuja, on Thursday.
The Minister said the management of all the Unity Colleges should immediately activate the necessary emergency procedures and processes such as the provision of alcohol-based sanitizers and handwashing facilities among others.
He said that students should strictly adhere to the principles and best practices of good hygiene.
He also directed the Principals to immediately report any suspicious case to the nearest health authorities, emphasising that nothing should be taken for granted at this delicate time of the global pandemic.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Post UTME Result for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829