COVID-19: LASU Notice to Staff on Resumption of Duty: The Lagos State University Management in line with the directive of the State Governor hereby directs Members of Management, Deans, Directors, Faculty Officers and staff identified and communicated only by the Registrar to perform essential duties to resume work on Monday, 4th May 2020.
All other staff not in the category above and Staff on Levels 11 and below in the University are to remain and continue to work from home, in full compliance with the directive of the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
The Governor during his Covid-19 Press Briefing on Wednesday, 29th April 2020 directed, amongst other things, that all public servants on Grade levels 1-12 remain and continue to work from home in a bid to stem the escalating threat of COVID-19 pandemic in the State. When domesticated, Grade Level 12 in the Public Service is equivalent to CONUNASS 11 in the University. However, in line with the Governor’s directive, only Members of Management, Deans, Directors and other members of staff identified by the Registrar are permitted to resume on Monday, 4th May 2020. This is to adhere strictly to the Governor’s directive.
Members of staff on essential services (Works and Services, Health Centre and Security Unit) are not affected by the directive and are therefore required to be at their duty posts.
Please note that the directive is to work from home and does not translate to a holiday. Any member of staff can be recalled for the exigency of duty. Also, during this period no visitors would be allowed into the University premises. Permission must be sought and granted from the University Authority should there be any urgent/serious need for any visitor to come into the University.
The categories of staff members listed above that are permitted to enter the University environment are hereby informed that wearing of ID cards and face mask is compulsory. Disregard for this directive will not be tolerated. The security operatives at the gate and other entry points to different offices are hereby directed to ensure compliance of the same.
Each member of staff is encouraged to exercise due diligence in ensuring that their health and those of their colleagues are not put at risk and exposed to the COVID-19 infection.
Members of staff at this crucial period are requested to adhere strictly to all other directives of the Federal and State Governments as well as precautions such as constant washing of hands, maintaining social and physical distancing and contacting the concerned authorities when we notice any of the symptoms of the virus.
Full resumption of work or otherwise will be communicated to the affected members of staff in due course, in line with further review by the state government.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us