Applications are open for the Farmz2u ‘Food For Thought’ Essay Contest 2020. The Farmz2u is accepting entries from undergraduates and recent graduates across Nigeria for its 2020 ‘Food For Thought’ Essay Contest is focused on the SDGs 2 – Zero Hunger and SDG 12 – Responsible Production and Consumption. It aims to sensitize the youth of the numerous opportunities in Agriculture through Technology which they believe are key drivers of food sustainability.
With 25% of the global population predicted to be in Africa by 2050, the continent must expand its agricultural production capacity to ensure global food sustainability. The Sub Saharan African region has the necessary resources required to grow its agricultural operations including; fertile and unused land, a growing youth population and favourable government policies. Nonetheless, the market is disconnected and farmers have poor access to capital, quality-assured inputs and adequate technical expertise. Furthermore, they have little influence in the value chain. At Farmz2U, our aim is to use technology to empower farmers with data analytics that can support core operational processes and key decisions, with access to relevant stakeholders in the value chain
Since launching in 2014, we have worked towards the primary objective of reducing global food waste and enhancing food nutrition. With the former objective, we ensure farmers adopt sustainable production methods that ensure high nutritional content of the produce. This is aligned with the United Nation’s SDG 3. Similarly, in achieving our latter objective we achieve this by promoting responsible production among farmers. This is aligned with United Nations’ SDG 12.
You may want to check the Official Cut-off Marks For All Institutions 2020/2021 before you proceed.
The ‘Food For Thought’ Challenge is a maiden project by Farmz2u – an agritech startup that helps farmer farm better through the use of technology and tailored agricultural expertise.
Essay topic: Youth and Technology – Driver of Food Sustainability.
- Open to all undergraduates and recent graduates across Nigeria.
- Applicant should have an interest in the Agricultural space.
- The essay must be on the topic above.
- The essay must not exceed 500 words or 2500 characters.
The First Prize winner receives:
- Cash prize;
- Blog feature on Farmz2u;
- Campus ambassadorship;
- Farmz2U swag pack, and much more.
How to Apply Farmz2u ‘Food For Thought’ Essay Contest 2020
Draft out your essay (not more than 500 words) before commencing application to ease the process.SUBMIT ENTRY
For more information, visit Farmz2u.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- FUTO Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, YMSUK Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us