Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of University Bursar in Federal University Lokoja.
The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University. He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institution’s financial transactions.
You may want to check the Official Cut-off Marks For All Institutions 2020/2021 before you proceed.
Applicants for the post of University Bursar must-have in the past exhibited a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management. Also, candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders. The candidate should be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting from a recognized University, possession of a higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or it’s equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
The successful candidate for the Office of Bursar shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
SALARY/CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name(Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s), Date(s)
- Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Bursar” to:
Federal University Lokoja
Lokoja, Kogi State.
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
Applications should reach the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Usman Suleman Obansa MCIA
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) Post UTME / DE Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Niger Delta University (NDU) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Direct Entry Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- FUTO Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us