Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of University Librarian in Federal University Lokoja.
The Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library and conditions of Library services in the University, its Campuses, Departments, other Teaching and Research Units and the entire University Community.
You may want to check the Official Cut-off Marks For All Institutions 2020/2021 before you proceed.
The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the University’s Library; candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; the candidate must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; the candidate must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian/Academic;
- Possess a good Honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University.
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven record of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
The successful candidate for the Office of University Librarian shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
SALARY/CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The Salary and Conditions of Service of the University Librarian shall be as obtained in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name(Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Librarian” to:
Federal University Lokoja
Lokoja, Kogi State.
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
Applications should reach the Office of the Vice-Chancellor not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Usman Suleman Obansa MCIA
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ekiti State University (EKSU) Post-UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) Post UTME / DE Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Niger Delta University (NDU) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Direct Entry Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- FUTO Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us