FUTA Postgraduate Application Forms 2020 – Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) is out for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session. See the courses and how to apply for FUTA Postgraduate application forms below.
Latest Update: The sales of FUTA Postgraduate Application Forms for 2020/2021 academic session is yet to commence, This post is for the last session. Kindly BOOKMARK this page to be the first to know when we update it. Seize this opportunity to see how to apply for FUTA Postgraduate Forms 2020.
The authorities of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph. D Programmes) for the 2020/2021 academic session
You may want to check the Official Cut-off Marks For All Institutions 2020/2021 before you proceed.
FUTA Postgraduate Recommended Link
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form Requirements.
All candidates must possess at least five (5) ‘O’ level credits as required in relevant disciplines and must include credits in English Language and Mathematics.
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant discipline.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)
- For M. Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
Duration of FUTA Postgraduate Programmes.
The duration of FUTA Postgraduate Programmes is as follows.
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- Part-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and thirty-six (36) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes
- M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twentyfour (24) months.
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) months.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions
How to Apply for FUTA Postgraduate Application Forms.
- Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http://portal.spgs.futa.edu.ng/) using the e-tranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Go to PG Portal and verify the payment on the link for “Application payment” using the Confirmation code from the bank
- Click on the Application Form link to fill the form
Note: Application payments can be made nationwide at any bank branch that is on etranzact platform. Please note that you do not need any account number to pay for the Application Form, just indicate on your teller that you want to pay for FUTA Postgraduate Application Form.
Specifically, Ph. D candidates should send their Research Proposal to email@example.com using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
Important information to Non–FUTA graduate
Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement:
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF…..…….
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY,
P.M.B. 704, AKURE,
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.
Closing Date for Application:
31st January, 2020.
- Mix-up in username and password by applicants would attract extra charges
- Error in completion and submission of forms during the process of application would lead to loss of application processing for the academic session (e.g. selecting M.Tech instead of PGD or PhD)
- Candidates cannot transfer unsuccessful application from one programme to another
- Statement of result of four years and above cannot be used for admission (candidates should obtain a certificate from relevant examination body)
- Applicants are no longer required to present ‘O’level results for Postgraduate admission
- All applicants are reminded that Application Form and Acceptance Fees are non-refundable.
- ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT WITHOUT TRANSCRIPT LABEL WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
We at Insideschool Nigeria advice that you adhere to the above notice to avoid stress.
Official website of BUK is : www.futa.edu.ng | Federal University of Technology Akure : FUTA
If you have any question about FUTA Postgraduate Application Forms 2020, let us talk about it in the comment section below. Do not worry we will reply.
Thank you for viewing FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form 2020.
The Insideschool Team wishes you the best of luck..
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- FUTO Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, YMSUK Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us