FUTO Clarification On Certificate Processing Fees- The Management of Federal University of Technology Owerri, FUTO has heard the concern raised by some alumni of the University over the introduction of a certificate processing fee.
Management, therefore, wishes to make the following clarifications:
First, the incumbent administration met backlog of unprocessed certificates spanning up to three academic sessions. Management quickly set to task and has cleared the backlog of certificates of graduating classes up to 2017/2018.
We are currently working on the 2018/2019 graduating set and would have completed same but for the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which has delayed the processing of results in some departments.
Consequently, we have loads of certificates not yet collected, and Management was compelled to procure from meagre resources at its disposal additional Steel Cabinet Safes to store these certificates.
Secondly, the University is redesigning its certificates with enhanced security features and this is with effect from the 2019/2020 graduating set. This will require new equipment.
In the light of the above and the need to avoid further demurrage on storing the uncollected certificates spanning several years, Management has reviewed the certificate processing fees as follows.
- All graduates from 2019/2020 graduating set who are to be issued the new improved certificates will pay the processing fee of N20,000 subject to review as the need arises.
- All other graduates up to 2018/2019 set are to pay certificate processing and storage fee of N10,000 only, provided they take necessary steps to collect the certificates within the next one year.
Failure to collect the certificates within the stipulated one year will attract payment of additional N10,000.
Management urges all graduates who are yet to collect their certificates to avail themselves of the opportunity to do so within the stipulated period to relieve the University from the burden of storage of these certificates.
Thanks for your co-operation!
John U. Nnabuihe
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Post UTME Result for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829