In this eHow guide, I will be showing you How to Change DSTV Package using online, App and WhatsApp methods.
Digital Satellite Television, also known as DSTV for short is currently one of the most popular and best Pay-TV Services available in Sub-Saharan Africa. DSTV Nigeria is owned by Multichoice Africa, the same company that owns GOtv.
DStv provides a variety packages to its clients, including Dstv Premium, DStv Compact Plus, Dstv Compact, DStv Family, and Dstv Access. These packages contain entertainment, sports, movies, and a variety of other channels.
One good thing about DSTV is that Customers can choose the preferred plan they want to view, and they can upgrade or decrease their DStv package at any time.
If you are among the categories of people asking the following questions;
- Can I change my DStv package anytime?
- How do I downgrade my DStv package in Nigeria?
- How do I change my bouquet on DStv Nigeria?
- How much does it cost to change DStv packages?
Worry no more as this post will enlightening you on How to Change DSTV Package in Nigeria with stress.
Let’s get started;
Please note before you change your DSTV package you need to take note of the following;
- Wait for your DSTV subscription to expire if you have one
- Payment via the internet: You will have to pay for your new DSTV bundle via the internet.
- How to Fix BBNaija Channel 29 on GoTV Not Showing
- BBNAIJA 2021 Male Housemates
- BBNAIJA 2021 Female Housemates
- Watch Big Brother Naija,
How to Change DSTV Package – 2021 Guide
No matter the DSTV bundle you originally purchased, you can watch as many channels as you like at any given moment. This is made possible by either upgrading or downgrading. Before now you will have to go to a DSTV shop to have this done but thanks to digital transformation as you can do this from the comfort of your own home as you can effortlessly upgrade or decrease your plan with any of these methods.
HOW TO CHANGE OR UPGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE ONLINE
If you want to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv online to access a new package, follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://www.dstvafrica.com/ on your mobile phone or computer browser.
- To alter your DStv package, go to the top right corner of the website and click “Login.”
- Next, enter your Dstv account password or the mobile phone number you used to register your Dstv.
- Enter the number on your DStv smart card.
- Make sure you’ve filled in all of the necessary information.
- Now, select “Login.”
- You’re almost done modifying your bundle once you’ve entered into your Dstv account online.
- You’ll be greeted by a well-organized dashboard that includes your account information.
- After that, select “Change package.”
- Now, choose whether you wish to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv account’s plan.
- “Next” should be selected.
- Your package will be replaced right away.
That’s how you may upgrade or downgrade your Dstv package online. Is very simple to switch DStv packages in Africa.
HOW TO USE THE MYDSTV APP TO UPGRADE OR DOWNGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE
If you are an app lover like me then you may want to pay more attention here. To update your Dstv package through the MyDstv app, simply follow these steps:
- Install the “MyDstv” app from the Google Play Store or the app store on your phone.
- To begin the upgrade or downgrade, open the DStv app.
- Please provide your cell phone number.
- On your account profile, type in your surname.
- To update your DStv package, click “Login.”
- Click View All Packages after you’ve logged in.
- When you select your current package, the “Change package now” button will disappear.
- Select “Change package now” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the bouquet to which you want to upgrade or downgrade.
- “Next” should be selected.
- Your account will show success, indicating that it has been upgraded or demoted.
All Done! That’s how you may use the MyDStv app to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv membership.
HOW TO DOWNGRADE OR UPGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE USING WHATSAPP
You can also use WhatsApp to either upgrade or downgrade your DSTV package. To do so through WhatsApp follow the procedures below:
- Open your browser and go to https://www.dstvafrica.com/.
- Select your country from the website’s top right corner.
- In the bottom left corner of the site, click the WhatsApp icon.
- Select “Open with WhatsApp” from the drop-down menu.
- We’ll start a WhatsApp conversation with the Dstv account.
- In your message bar, you’ll see a default message that says “Hi Dstv.”
- To send the “Hi DStv” message, press enter.
- A message will appear prompting you to enter your smart card number.
- Enter the number on your Dstv smart card.
- You will now be prompted to enter your surname or phone number.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Change Package.”
- You should always reply by dialling the number associated with the option you want to use.
- Select the package for which you are upgrading or downgrading.
- To confirm, select yes.
- There you have it! Your Dstv package will be immediately upgraded or lowered.
The above process is how you may modify your DStv subscription via WhatsApp.
DSTV SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGES, CHANNELS, AND PRICES IN NIGERIA
DSTV offers six subscription packages and two add-on packages in Nigeria.
Here is a summary of a comprehensive list of DSTV packages in Nigeria:
DSTV Premium is a high-end package offered by DStv Nigeria. The monthly cost of this package is approximately ₦16,200. You can also pay ₦178,200 every year as a down payment. There are 175+ channels on the DSTV Premium package.
DSTV COMPACT PLUS
Dstv Compact Plus is another plan by DStv Nigeria and attracts a monthly cost of around ₦10,925. A ₦120,175 annual payment is also required for DStv Compact Plus. There are more than 155 channels on DStv Compact Plus.
The DStv Compact gives you 135+ channels to enjoy. The monthly cost of DStv Compact is approximately ₦6,975. You can put down ₦76,725 as a deposit.
DStv Confam is a package that costs around ₦4,615 per month. A yearly payment of₦50,765 is also possible with DSTV Confam. The DStv package also includes more than 120 channels.
DStv Biggie Goals Deal.
Enjoy over 135 channels of the best sports, movies, series, news and kiddies entertainment with this amazing offer.
The monthly cost of DStv Yanga is approximately 2,565 Nairas. The annual payment option for DSTV Yanga is N 28,215. DSTV Yanga has more than 95 channels.
DStv Padi is another package. The monthly cost of DStv Padi is around ₦1,850. Moreover, the annual payment option for DSTV Padi is ₦20,350. DSTV Padi includes more than 40 channels.
DSTV FRENCH TOUCH
Dstv French Touch has a monthly fee of ₦1,510. DSTV French Touch includes a total of ten channels. You will enjoy a lot of premium programs with this DStv package.
DSTV FRENCH PLUS
The monthly cost of DStv French Plus is approximately N6,520. DSTV French Plus offers a total of 15 channels.
The monthly cost of DStv Indian is approximately ₦5,540. Moreover, DSTV Indian has a total of 15 channels. This package is for lovers of ZWORLD and others.
That’s all there is on how to change DStv package in Nigeria. So far, we have been able to cover the different packages and channels offered by DStv with their respective prices.
Do let us know which of these packages is your favourite and should you have any questions about ‘How to Change DSTV Package in Nigeria’ kindly use the comment section below.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Post UTME Result for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829