ICAN New Syllabus 2021 PDF Download – The new ICAN syllabus PDF for 2021 is out. If you are interested in the ICAN exams, See Easiest Way to Get it.
In this article you will be guided on how to go about getting the ICAN New Syllabus 2021 PDF online. Also, some contents of the syllabus will be discussed.
What ICAN is all about
ICAN is the acronym for The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. Also, it is a professional accounting body in Nigeria. And its motto is “Accuracy and Integrity”.
Furthermore, it was established in 1965 to determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria is a founding member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
ICAN New Syllabus 2021 PDF Download – See Easiest Way to Get it
The new syllabus for the ICAN examinations can be gotten from the official ICAN website. This is where you can also find other information such as its requirements, examination dates, members, newsletters, press releases and more.
However, follow these steps to view/download ICAN 2021 New Syllabus:
- With an internet enabled computer or phone open ICAN’s Website on http://www.icanig.org/ican/index.php.
- Also, in n the Students Section click on “ICAN Professional Examination Syllabus” as shown in the image below circled in red. It would open the ICAN Syllabus in a PDF format.
- If you wish to download ICAN’s New Syllabus then right-click on the link as shown in the image above circled in red and click on “Save Link AS”.
- Also, click on SAVE. And locate the path it was downloaded to on your computer.
How to Easy Download ICAN New Syllabus 2021 PDF
You can quickly and easily download the ICAN 2021 Syllabus pdf file here without hassle.
If you are having difficult view this document on our website, Kindly click the button below to download the ICAN New Syllabus 2021 online.
Some Basic Contents of the ICAN New Syllabus 2021
Below are some basic contents you will find in the syllabus:
1. The Chartered Accountancy Qualification
The chartered accountancy qualification (the ACA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), with its integrated components, is one of the advanced professional accountancy qualifications globally.
Also, its components taken together, develop technical knowledge, professional competence and practical experience which modern accountants need to function in the business environment.
Additionally, these components, which are complimentary, enable the accountant apply theory to practice in everyday work.
2. Professional Development
Through professional development, students develop competencies and abilities in key performance areas of technical competence, teamwork, problem-solving, and communication.
This aids their decision-making ability employing ethics and professionalism and enabling them to add value in the workplace.
3. Ethics and professionalism
Ethics and professional skepticism is core to ICAN – ACA qualification. And this has been incorporated into each of the 15 subjects of the professional examination including practical work experience.
Also, the focus is on students’ ethical awareness, consciousness, and ability to identify, understand implications of ethical dilemmas and make appropriate decisions.
4. Practical Work Experience
The ICAN – ACA practical work experience may be prior or current. However, the prior experience to be approved by ICAN shall be a maximum of 12 months.
This is provided the intending professional student has had at least 24 months of acceptable practical work experience.
However, for individuals, who are currently professional students of ICAN, practical work experience is gained as part of a training agreement with one of ICAN authorized training employers.
The professional student needs to complete at least 36 months of practical work experience. Students complete such experiences in at least one of the following key areas:
- Private and public sector accounting.
- Also, private and public financial management.
- Audit, assurance, and forensics.
- Also, taxation.
- Receivership and insolvency.
5. The Professional Examination
The professional examination comprises fifteen subjects with ethics embedded in each subject.
Also, this syllabus has been designed to ensure that on completion, the newly qualified ICAN – ACA would have developed the necessary technical
Set of the Requirements for ICAN – ACA Qualification in the Syllabus
The requirements for ICAN – ACA qualification are set out in this syllabus in the form of learning outcomes and competencies. The fifteen subjects are grouped into three levels: Foundation; Skills; and Professional.
The contents of the Foundation level subjects provide for simple learning outcomes that form the building blocks for the higher-level subjects. The Skills level builds on the foundation knowledge.
Also, it takes students to a higher-level knowledge, developing further, their skills and competencies. The Professional level consisting of five subjects takes candidates to the level where they have to make professional judgments and evaluations
The syllabus draws input from and complies with the International Education Standards and Guidelines issued by International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB).
If you have any question about how to get the ICAN New Syllabus 2021 PDF, kindly use the comment section below.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us