JAMB 2020 Policy Meeting Holds June 16, Minimum Cut-off Marks to Be Decided–The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that the 2020 JAMB Policy meeting that will decide the UTME cut-off mark will hold Tuesday, June 16th, 2020. The meeting is expected to be chaired by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu with all heads of tertiary institutions in attendance.
This was disclosed by JAMB’s Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin. According to him, the meeting which will hold virtually will chart policy directions for the nation’s tertiary institutions, set admission guidelines, and make a holistic review of application statistics, performance, decide concessional and acceptable minimum admissions standards to be applied in all admissions to be undertaken by all tertiary institutions in Nigeria as well as evaluate the 2019 admissions exercise.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
Benjamin said the board decided to hold the meeting virtually due to the COVID 19 outbreak as one of the measures by the government to curb the spread is to limit the gatherings of people.
He said the board will issue an access code to each of the participating institutions to join the meeting. “This access code is not to be shared or given to unauthorized persons. However, other critical stakeholders within the institutions like the Registrars, Admissions Officers can cluster around a big screen in a location to attend the meeting using the unique access code,” he said.
Benjamin stated that the meeting would be streamed live on the Board’s website; www.jamb.gov.ng, its Facebook, JAMBulletin and other social media platforms,” he said.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us