As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that lead to federal government asking all educational institutions to be shut down, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that it has taken advantage of its ticketing system to address the enquiries and complaints of candidates during the lockdown.
According to JAMB, over 4,000 cases had been resolved during the lockdown without any physical contact between staff and candidates within 24 hours of receiving the complaints.
READ ALSO: HOW TO CHECK 2020 JAMB RESULT.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
Dr Fabian in the JAMB’s weekly bulletin state that all a complainant or enquirer needs do is to visit http://support.jamb.gov.ng to state his/her complaints and a number would be assigned to him/her for ease of tracking of the complaint in case the complaint is not addressed at all or addressed satisfactorily. He, however, stated that it is a rare occurrence for complaints not to be addressed as all tickets are subjected to further scrutiny by higher authorities,” he said.
Mr Benjamin said the ticketing platform aids safety of parties concerned as it conforms to the social distancing protocols even before it was globally embraced.
He said it creates transparency and provides the board with the opportunity to track not only the official that resolved the complaint but also the time taken to do so.
In addition, the system is provisioned with a reporting or an alarm system that alerts the Registrar/Chief Executive as to the status of any ticket raised and the action(s) taken on it as well as the actors involved.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us