JAMB syllabus for Hausa [PDF] is out- The Hausa Syllabus from JAMB is an official document that contains detailed information and guides on the topics you are expected to cover in Hausa for your UTME. The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Hausa is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination.
JAMB syllabus for Hausa
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Hausa is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to enable the candidates to:
- acquire the ability to read and write competently in the Hausa language;
- know the basic features of Hausa grammar;
- have the basic knowledge of oral and written Hausa literature;
- have the ability to appreciate the culture, customs and institutions of the Hausa people;
- have the ability to translate competently from English to Hausa.
The syllabus covers the following areas:
- Harshe (Language)
- Al’adu (culture)
- Adabi (Literature) – oral and written literature.
- How to Create a JAMB Online Profile
- JAMB Brochure
- Free JAMB Past Questions Available Here
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines
JAMB syllabus for Hausa 2021 PDF
You can CLICK BUTTON to download the syllabus in pdf or continue reading it on this website.
- Galadanci, M.K.M. (1976), Introduction to Hausa Grammar, Zaria: Longman Junju, M.H. (1980), Rayayyen Nahawun Hausa, Zaria: NNPC
- Muhammad, Y.M. (2005), Fassarar Hausa, Zaria: ABU Press
- Sani, M.A.Z. (1999), Tsarin Sauti Da Nahawun Hausa, Ibadan: UP Plc Sani, M.A.Z. et al (2000), Exam Focus: Hausa Language, Ibadan: UP Plc Skinner, N. (1977), Grammar of Hausa, Zaria: NNPC
- Yahaya, I.Y. et al (1992), Darussan Hausa 1 – 3, Ibadan: UP Plc Don manyan makarantun sakandare
- ADABI DA AL’ADU (LITERATURE AND CULTURE) Bichi, A.Y. (1979), Waƙoƙin Bikin Aure, Lagos: Nelson
- Dangambo, A. (1984), Rabe – Raben Adabin Baka da Muhimmancinsa Ga Rayuwar Hausawa, Kano: T.P.C.
- Gusau, S.M. (1991), Makaɗa Da Mawaƙan Hausa, Kaduna: Fisbas Media Service Ibrahim, M.S. (1977), Kowa Ya Sha Kiɗa, Zaria: Longman
- Madauci, I. et al (1992), Hausa Customs, Zaria: ABU Press
- Umar, M.B. (1976), Ɗanmaraya Jos Da Waƙoƙinsa, Ibadan: OUP Umar, M.B. (1977), Wasannin Tashe, Zaria: NNPC
- ƘAMUSAI (DICTIONARIES)
- Bargery G.P. (1951), A Hausa – English Dictionary and English-Hausa Vocabulary London: OUP Newman, R.M. (1997), An English-Hausa Dictionary, Ibadan: Longman
- Newman and Newman (1977), Sabon Ƙamus Na Hausa Zuwa Turanci, Ibadan: UPL Skinner, N. (1993), Kamus Na Turanci Da Hausa, Zaria: NNPC
- CSNL: (2006), Ƙamusun Hausa Na Jami’ar Bayero ta Kano, Kano: CSNL