JAMB syllabus for History [PDF] is out- The History Syllabus from JAMB is an official document that contains detailed information and guides on the topics you are expected to cover in History for your UTME. The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in History is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination.
JAMB syllabus for History
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in History is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examinations. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Impart knowledge of Nigerian history from earliest times to the present;
- Identify the similarities and relationships among the peoples of Nigeria as they relate to the issues of national unity and integration;
- Appreciate Nigerian history as the basis to understand West African and African history;
- Apply history to understand Nigerian and Africa’s relationship with the wider world;
- Analyse issues of modernization and development;
- Relate the past to the present and plan for the future.
- How to Create a JAMB Online Profile
- JAMB Brochure
- Free JAMB Past Questions Available Here
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines
JAMB syllabus for History 2021 PDF
You can CLICK BUTTON to download the syllabus in pdf or continue reading it on this website.
- Abba, A (2006) The Politics of Mallam Aminu Kano, Kaduna Vanguard and Publishers.
- Ayandele, A. E. et al (1986) The Making of Modern Africa, The Twentieth Century Vol 2., Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1971) History of West Africa Vol. I, London, Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1974) History of West Africa Vol. II, London, Longman
- Akinloye, S. A. (1976) Emergent African States: Topics in Twentieth-Century African History, Longman.
- Akinyemi, A. B., Agbi, S. O. and Otunbanjo, A. O. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 years. (International Relations) Vol x, Heinemann. Ibadan.
- Anene J. C. and Brown, G (1966) African in the 19th and 20th centuries, Ibadan: University Press. Anene J. C. (1966) Southern Nigeria in Transition, 1885 – 1906, Cambridge: University Press.
- Anene, J. C and Brown, G (eds) (1972) African in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries: A Handbook for Teachers and Students, Ibadan: University Press and Nelson.
- Ashiwaju A. I., Croder, M and Denzer, I. R. (eds) Tariki 25, Grassroots Leadership in Colonial West Africa, Vol. 7, London: Longman.
- Atanda, J. A. Ashiwaju, G and Abubakar, Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First Years: Religion Vol. i., Ibadan Heineman.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1989) Africa and the Wider World, Vol. 1. Lagos: Longman. Barkindo, B. et al (1996) Africa and the Wider World, Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: Africa since 1800 Longman publishers.
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: West Africa since 1800, Longman Publishers Sokoto Caliphate: History and Legacies, 1804 – 2004, vols. I and II, Kaduna: Arewa House. Celeman, J. S. (1986) Nigeria: Background to Nationalism, Benin: Broburg and Wistrom.
- Clerk, T. A. (1991) Right Honourable Gentleman: The Life and Times of Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Zaria: Hudahuda Publishing Company.
- Cohen, D. I. and Daniel, J. (eds) (1981) Political Economy of Africa: Selected Readings, London, Longman.
- Crowther, M. West Africa: An introduction to its History, Longman, 1977.
- Crowther, M. Nigeria: An introduction to its History, London:Longman,1979.
- Dike, K. O. (1956) Trade and Politics in the Niger Delta, London: Oxford University Press.
- Ekeh, P. P and Ashiwaju, G. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: Culture, Vol.VII, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Falola, T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vol. I, Lagos: Longman. Falola T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman.
- Gboyega, A., Abubakar, Y and Aliyu Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years Public Administration, Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hallet, R. (1975) Africa since 1875, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hopkins, A. G. (1973) An Economic History of West Africa, Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Independence Movement in Africa (Part I), Vol. 3, No. 4 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Government in Pre-Colonial Africa, Vol. 4, No. 2 London, Longman
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated): Peoples and Kingdoms of West Africa in the Pre-colonial Period, Vol. 5, No. 1 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated) Tarikh: Europeans Conquest and African Resistance (Part 2), Vol. 4, London: Longman.
- Ikime, O (1977) The Fall of Nigeria: The British Conquest, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O (ed) (1974) Leadership in 19th Century Africa: Essays from Tarikh, London: Longman Ikime, O. (1968) Merchant Price of the Niger Delta, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O. (ed) (1980) Ground work of Nigerian History, Ibadan: Heinemann. Iseihei, E. (1983) A History of Nigeria, London: Longman.
- Jorre, J. D. (1972) The Nigeria Civil War, London: Hordder and Stoughton.
- Kani, A. M. and Gandi, K. (1990) A State and Society in the Sokoto Caliphate, Series I, Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto.
- Mahdi, A., Kwanashei, G. A and Yakubu M. (eds) (1994) Nigeria: The state of the Nation and the Way Forward, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Martin, P. M and Omera, P. (1995) (eds) Africa (Third Edition), Bloomington: Indiana University Press. Mohammed, B. (1982) Africa and Non-alignment: A study in the Foreign Relations of New Nations, Kano: Triumph Publishers.
- Mohammed A. S. and Adamu, S.(eds) (2005) Nigeria and the Reform of the United Nations, Zaria: Hanwa. Nzula, A. T., Potekhin and Zusmanovich (1979) Forced Labour in Colonial Africa, London: Zed Press.
- Offiong, D. A. (1980) Imperialism and Dependency: Obstacles to Development, Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishers.
- Ojigbo, O. (1982) Shehu Shagari: The Biography of Nigeria’s First Executive President, Yugoslavia Mlandiska Knjiga.
- Okafor, I. (1989) History for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha, Jet Publishers.
- Oliver, T. and Afmore, A. (1996) Africa since 1880 (Fourth Edition) New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Olusanya G. O. (1973) The Second World War and Politics in Nigeria, 1939 – 1953, Ibadan: Evans.
- Omar O. (1966) The Zulu Aftermath: A Nineteenth-Century Revolution in Bantu Africa, London: Longman.
- Omolewa, M. (1986) Certificate History of Nigeria, Lagos: Longman.
- Onoja, I. (1998) Peace-keeping and International Security in a Changing World., Jos: Mono Expressions. Onwubiko, K. (1983) School Certificate History of West Africa, Onitsha: African – First Publishers.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Atanda A. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years. Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Atanda J. A. M. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years. (Government and Public Policy), Vol. IV, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Tamuno, T. N. and Ukpabi, S. C. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years (The Civil War years). Vol. IV, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Thompson, L. A. (2000) History of South Africa, Yale: Yale University Press.Usman Y. B. (ed) (1979) Studies in the History of Sokoto Caliphate, New York: Third Press International. Usman Y. B. (ed) (1981) The Transformation of Katsina, 1400 – 1883, Zaria: Ahmadu Bello University Press.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) and Alkali M. N. (1983) Studies in the History of Pre-Colonial Borno, Zaria: NNPC.
- Usman Y. B. and Kwanashei, G. A. (eds) Inside Nigeria History 1950-1970: Events: Issues and Sources (Presidential Panel on Nigeria: Since Independence), University of Ibadan.
- Usman Y. B. (ed) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: The Society Vol.I, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Usman Y. B. (2002) Election Violence in Nigeria: The Terrible Experience, 1952 – 2002, Zaria: Abdullahi Smith Centre for Historical Research.
- Webster, J. B. and Ikime, O. (eds) Tarikh: Early African Christianity, Vol. 2. No. 1. London: Longman. Wilmot, P. F. (1980) Apartheid and African Liberation: The Grief and the Hope, Ife: University of Ife Press.
- Yakubu, A. M., Jumare, I and Saeed, A. G. (eds) (2005) Northern Nigeria: A century of Transformation, 1903 – 2003, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Yakubu A. M. (2006) Emirs and Politicians: Reform, Reactions and Recrimination in Northern Nigeria, 1950 – 1966, Kaduna: Baraka Publishers.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us