Meet 2 Covenant University Lecturers who Rank among Nigeria’s 6 Youngest Professors-The two Covenant faculty members are Professor Evans Osabuohien of the Department of Economics and Development Studies, and Professor Roland Loto of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Profile of Professor Evans Osabuohien
Professor Osabuohien was appointed HOD, Department of Economics and Development Studies in 2016, emerging as the youngest HOD in the Covenant University. He holds B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD (Economics) and started lecturing and researching careers in 2004. He received Double Promotion to the Rank of a Full Professor of Economics in December 2017 at age 38, which made him the Youngest Professor in Covenant.
He is a Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Management and Economics, Witten/Herdecke University, Germany, and also a Visiting Scholar at University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In May 2020, he received recognition as ‘One of the 6 Youngest Professors Nigeria Ever Had’.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- LEAP Africa Graduate NYSC Internship Programme 2021 for Young Nigerians
- Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021 | Fully Funded to Study in UK
- Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2021 for Graduate Students | Up to USD $30,000 Reward
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
Professor Osabuohien is the Pioneer Chairman at the Centre for Economic Policy and Development Research (CEPDeR) as well as the Pioneer Chair for Regional Centre of Expertise, Ogun State (RCE Ogun), Covenant University.
Profile of Professor Roland Loto
Professor Roland Loto, on his part, holds BTech (Mechanical Engineering), M.Sc (Metallurgical and Materials Engineering), and DTech (Chemical, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering). He started his teaching career as a Research Scientist/ Teaching Assistant in the Department of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering at Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa. He has, however, been a faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Covenant, since 2013.
Born to the family of academics, Professor Cleophas Loto and Dr (Mrs) M. A. Loto, Professor Loto became a Professor at the age of 39 in 2017.
His research interests are Metallic corrosion reactions phenomena, Structure/ Property relationships, Materials characterization and development, Mechanical properties of structural alloys /weld joints, Failure analysis of metallic materials, and Electrochemistry of metal/liquid interfacial reactions amongst others.
Others listed were the late Professor Ayodele Awojobi, who became a professor at 37, and Professor Ahmad Doko, who got a promotion to the rank of Professor of Quantity Surveying in 2015, also at the age of 37, making him the youngest professor at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
There was also Professor Damilola S. Olawuyi, 32, presently Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships at Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti (ABUAD). Professor Charles Okechukwu Esimone, who became a Professor of Biopharmaceutics and microbiology at 37 and is the current Vice-Chancellor of Nnamdi Azikwe University Awka made up the list.
Indeed hard work pays, now you will agree with me that school is not a scam. Put up all the hard work and you will be glad you did.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education (IAUE) Supplementary Admission into Some Programme for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise
- Igbinedion University (IUO) Post UTME/DE 2020/2021: Cut Off, Eligibility, Screening Date and Registration Details
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us