NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in Response to COVID-19-The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is now accepting applications from startups and organizations in Africa for its 2020 NINJA Business Plan Competition. The deadline for the submission of applications is 29th July, 2020.
The application is open for startups/organizations in all sectors with a specific focus on emerging businesses in COVID-19-related fields including, but not limited to:
- Health: Online healthcare support; disease-testing solutions; medical data sharing and privacy protection solutions; distribution of drugs and medical equipment; IoT, including 3D printers, in the medical field
- Disaster management: Geo-tracking during disasters; emergency information dissemination
- Business services: Support for remote workers; efficient management/operation of online events
- Education sector: Remote learning support
- Food and agriculture: Efficient food/commodity distribution technology
- Finance: Contactless transactions/payment; lending/insurance services to SMEs and individuals
- Logistics: delivery service, urban mobility management
- Other: Substituting imported goods with local innovative technology
- The proposal should introduce some level of innovation in terms of a business model, a new product or service that can be more actively used, and/or profitability in the current and post COVID-19 era.
- Proposals should be as commercially-oriented as possible.
- JICA may cover the budget of the activities up to USD 30,000. The use of proceed will cover costs associated with the proposed activities including, 1) remuneration of staffs, 2) other expenses, and 3) indirect local tax.
- JICA’s finance is not equity nor debt. And applicant will be required to sign the contract between respective JICA offices. However, successful applicants will be obliged to report the progress of their activities, by which JICA will make disbursement. Submission of accounting document and adjustment will be required upon the payment.
- JICA may establish an evaluation board with outside evaluators experts under strict confidentiality to evaluate proposals.
NINJA Business Plan Competition Eligibility
To take part in JICA’s NINJA Business Plan Competition, startups must:
- Have their head office or a branch in one of the target countries.
- Be a profit/non-profit organization registered as an independent legal entity. Proposals from individuals will not be considered.
- Have a very strong management team of at least 2 people.
- Have an innovative product(s) or service(s) in response or adaptable to the Pandemic and post-pandemic society OR have a feasible business plan to create prototypes (MVP).
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d’Ivoire
- South Africa
NINJA Business Plan Competition Schedule
- Application deadline: July 29th, 2020 (First-come, first-reviewed base)
- Interview of selected startups: Mid-Late August, 2020
- Final selection: September, 2020
- Contract with JICA
- NINJA Business Plan Competition 2020 in Response to COVID-19
Note: JICA will request the startups invited to be interviewed online to submit additional documents/a pitch deck if necessary.
Contract with JICA
- When applying, each company is to submit a business plan with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be achieved within about 6 months.
- Before the contract, JICA examines the details of the proposed activity and the validity of the budget (each expense item) and JICA may request the additional documents to determine the detailed activity in the contract.
- After the contract is signed, startups/organizations must submit monthly reports about the KPIs to JICA. (The duration of the contract will be about 6 months.)
- JICA will make payments based on the progress of the proposed activities and the submission of the progress reports and the expense report with receipt.The payment schedule will be determined by JICA, and in principle, no advance payment at the commencement of the contract.
JICA’s consideration of the follow-up support related to this competition
- A final competition among the successful applicants from each country
- Matching events to connect the successful applicants with investors/business partners
- Visit Japan, as a part of investment/business matching
How to Apply
To apply for the NINJA Business Plan Competition, please click here:APPLY HERE
For any queries about the competition, please get in touch with us at the following email address:
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Post UTME Result for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2021/2022 Announced
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829