NOUN Holds Virtual Matriculation Ceremony June 13th- The management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has disclosed that it will hold that virtual matriculation will be held on June 13th for fresh students of the university in line with the COVID-19 Lockdown. This was contained in a statement by the NOUN Director of Media and Publicity, Mr Ibrahim Sheme.
According to him, the activities would be conducted virtually and beamed live through Zoom from remote locations without the students being physically present.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
He advised students to download the Zoom app, to enable them to participate from home or any other location, adding that the application password would be communicated to them soon.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdalla Adamu, is expected to deliver an address while the Registrar, Mr Felix Idoka will administer oaths on the matriculating students by the Registrar, Mr Felix Idoka.
Meanwhile, the university has withdrawn its earlier announcement that students could collect academic gowns from their various study centres for the matriculation ceremony, saying it was issued in error.
A statement from the registrar’s office noted that it would be impossible to conduct an exercise of that nature physically, due to the lockdown.
“The centre directors have been told not to open any study centre or allow a gathering of students until the ban on all tertiary institutions is lifted by the Federal Government,” Sheme said.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us