NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 [UPDATED]: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various Postgraduate Programmes of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK) for the 2019/2020 academic session.
NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Postgraduate Programmes
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. full-time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four
(4) semesters. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
Master Degree Programmes
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by coursework. This is in addition to a research report in forms of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit or its equivalents. The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full-time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part-time candidates.
NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 General Information
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is two (2) semesters, commencing in October and ending in September of the following year, starting from the date of first registration.
Admission Eligibility/Entry Requirements
1. All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
2. Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
3. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
4. Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of NSUK (Narasawa State University, Keffi) and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees.
5. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate All Candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
6. Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained
Method of Application
Forms are sold online on our website: nsukpg.nsuk.edu.ng/nsukpg/admission/new-applicant. Please, follow all instructions
Application Form cost N20, 000 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only). This is in addition to the payment of N5,000 only for Screening/ Examination Administration payable using Remita payment platform in any branches of the following banks: Diamond, Eco, First Bank, FCMB, Skye, Keystone, UBA, Unity, Zenith Banks, etc.
Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail.
Application forms are to be completed on-line and will close on Thursday, 14th May 2020.
Enquiries: Applicants can visit our website: www.nsuk.edu.ng for details of available programmes or contact email: [email protected] for enquiries.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
👉When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest👈: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us