NYSC Proposes Plan Reopening of Camps– The National Youth Service Corps has presented a framework that contains all measures that would enable safe and efficient conduct of its operations after lifting of COVID-19 restrictions on socio-economic activities in the country.
The NYSC said the 2020 Batch ‘A’ Stream One Orientation Course was suspended one week into the exercise as a proactive measure to avert the spread of coronavirus to any of the orientation camps in Nigeria.
The Director-General of NYSC, Brig. General Shuaibu Ibrahim, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by the NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, stated this during a courtesy visit on him by the DG of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, in Abuja.
While explaining that other operations of the NYSC were scaled down in line with the Federal Government’s restriction order, he said the passing-out of the 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream One corps members was held on a low-key with full adherence to the COVID-19 prevention protocols.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
Ibrahim said, “Conscious of the possibility of the further or complete lifting of lockdown, the strategies mapped out by the NYSC management had taken care of various scenarios, and would be presented to the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 through the NCDC for guidance.”
Ihekweazu said the proposals presented by the NYSC DG would be studied and recommendations made to the appropriate authorities.
The NCDC DG, who commended the NYSC for its support for the fight against the COVID-19 through corps members’ activities, praised the contributions of the NYSC to the unity and development of the country.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us