OOU postgraduate form 2021– Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Postgraduate Admission for the 2020/2021 academic session has commenced. See the requirements and How to apply for OOU postgraduate form 2021 below.
The authorities of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) has commenced the sale of its postgraduate programmes admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the postgraduate programme of the university.
Latest Update: OOU Management has extended the deadline for the submission of the OOU postgraduate form. The new deadline is January 31, 2021.
You may want to check List of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Postgraduate Courses before you proceed.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- LEAP Africa Graduate NYSC Internship Programme 2021 for Young Nigerians
- Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021 | Fully Funded to Study in UK
- Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2021 for Graduate Students | Up to USD $30,000 Reward
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
OOU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Applicants for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must be:
- Graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University with a minimum of Third Class.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level.
b. Academic Master Degree Programmes
(i) M.A/M.Sc./M.Ed., LL.M
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University in relevant disciplines.
c. Professional Master Degree Programmes
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or other approved University or a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level or a Third Class University Degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field(s) and/or fellowship of the relevant professional body.
d. PhD Programmes
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points would be allowed to register for PhD programmes directly.
- Candidates from Olabisi Onabanjo University with Cumulative Grade Points of 3.00 to 3.49 will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. and not PhD directly. Their candidature for PhD shall, however, be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from other Institutions apart from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Points on a 5 point Scale or Weighted Average of 50% will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. Their candidature for PhD shall, however, be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
e. Candidates applying for the following programmes are to note their admission requirements:
- M.Sc. Mass Communication
- O’ Level Credit pass in English Language, and Mathematics are compulsory for all Mass Communication Programmes applicants.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- Candidates having not less than Third Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University. Candidates must possess at least five credit passes at O’ Level, including English Language and English Literature.
- Master of Law (LL.M.)
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of Second Class Lower; and
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University who do not meet the requirement in (a) above but hold the Postgraduate Diploma in Law Degree.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Holders of a good First Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Graduates of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a degree of M.B.Ch.B or equivalent Medical and Dental Degrees such as MBS/BDS from other recognized Universities. Candidates must possess at least five years of qualification experience (including Internship, NYSC Services plus three years working experience in areas relevant to Public Health.
- M.Sc. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Holders of a good First Degree in Pharmacy (classified) from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Holders of classified Pharmacy degrees not below Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or CGPA of not less than 3.0 may be admitted.
- Candidates must have scored acceptable grades (not less than C) in Pharmaceutics courses in their final year undergraduate examinations.
IN ADDITION TO THE STATED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMES ABOVE, ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT:
- All programmes in the University require O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to three other credits in relevant subjects.
- The University Matriculation requirements of individual Departments running the programme must be satisfied before a candidate can be considered for Admission.
- For admission into any of the Programmes, possession of National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
- All Applicants are to request their Alma Mater to forward the Academic Transcripts of their Higher National Diploma / 1st Degree / Postgraduate Diploma / Master Degree to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye not later than January 31, 2021.
- All PhD candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors and vacancies before applying.
- Every applicant must submit photocopies of all certificates listed in the application form such as Degree, Diploma, NYSC and Professional Certificates at the relevant departments.
- Completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip/Photo card are to be submitted to the Secretary, Postgraduate School and to the relevant Department not later than January 31, 2021.
Duration of Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU PG Programmes
Mobile users: Kindly scroll to the side to view all the contents in the table below:
|S/N||Programmes||Mode of Study||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|1.||Postgraduate Diploma Programmes||Full-TimePart-Time||2 Semesters3 Semesters||4 Semesters6 Semesters|
|2.||Professional Master Degree Programme||Full-TimePart-Time||3 Semesters4 Semesters||6 Semesters8 Semesters|
|3.||Academic Master Degree Programmes||Full-TimePart-Time||3 Semesters4 Semesters||6 Semesters8 Semesters|
|4.||PhD. Programmes||Full-TimePart-Time||6 Semesters8 Semesters||10 Semesters12 Semesters|
OOU Postgraduate Qualifying Exam /Interview Schedule
The Qualifying examinations/Interviews for all Postgraduate Programmes of the University WILL NO LONGER HOLD on Friday, 11th and Saturday, 12th September 2020 as earlier scheduled. A new date will be communicated in due course. Any inconvenience is regretted.
How to Apply for OOU Postgraduate Form 2021
Application Form is to be purchased with the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) via:
- Web payment (Most preferred) via http://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/application/apply.phpOR
- Point of Sales (POS) at the Postgraduate School, Main Campus, Ago-Iwoye or at any of the University Campuses at Aiyetoro, Ibogun and Sagamu.
Apply Before: All completed applications should reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than January 31, 2021.
For further details/enquiries, contact: +2349024241102, +2348096772583 (Text Only)
Deadline for OOU Postgraduate Form
All completed applications should reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than January 31, 2021.
If you have any question about OOU postgraduate form, kindly use the comment box below.
OOU Postgraduate Portal : www.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng | Olabisi Onabanjo University
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Advertisement Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education (IAUE) Supplementary Admission into Some Programme for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise
- Igbinedion University (IUO) Post UTME/DE 2020/2021: Cut Off, Eligibility, Screening Date and Registration Details
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us