Redeemer’s University Donates N2 Million Foodstuffs as Covid-19 Palliatives to Ede Town: As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, Redeemer’s University, Ede, Osun State, has donated two million naira worth of foodstuffs to Ede town as Covid-19 palliative to the poorest of the poor.
Speaking on the donation at the Timi’s Palace, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Anthony Akinlo, said that the gesture was borne out of the founding principle of the University’s proprietor to always take care of the poorest of the poor in the society in order to foster societal harmony.
READ ALSO: Igbinedion University (IUO) Post UTME/DE 2020/2021: Cut Off, Eligibility, Screening Date and Registration Details
He stated that if there be any time that special attention must be paid to the vulnerable in our society, it is now when there is a lockdown with its highest negative impact on the poor. Professor Akinlo further stated that the donation was also done to support the government’s efforts towards the enforcement of the lockdown in order for people with extreme low-income who might want to violate the order out of lack of what to eat at home to stay indoors.
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
He stated that with food in the houses of this set of people, they would have no reason to go out to look for what to eat, thereby reducing the risk of contracting or exposing themselves to Coronavirus pandemic.
While responding to the donation, His Royal Majesty, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal, Laminisa I, Timi of Edeland, eulogized the management team for the compassionate manner in which they packaged the relief materials in form of foodstuffs to ameliorate the pains of the poorest of the poor which the lockdown has unleashed on them.
He commended the University for its leadership role in the town and he prayed for the university to continue to move from glory to glory. The foodstuffs to be distributed in Edeland and its suburb are:-rice, beans and garri.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Supplementary Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us