Schools Remain Shut For Now, WAEC, NECO Candidates May Resume First – Minister – The Federal Government says schools cannot be reopened now as it is not yet safe to do.
The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, stated this in Abuja during the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19. He described as fake, reports that the government would reopen schools on June 21. He said: “Any reopening of school would involve the advice of experts on when it is safer to reopen schools.
Schools Remain Shut For Now, WAEC, NECO Candidates May Resume First – Minister
You may want to Check these opportunities before you proceed:
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Students in Nigerian University 2020/2021
He added that the reason is to avoid the mistake of shipping the students in and out of school and the Ministry would not like to lead Nigerians into danger by being in a hurry to reopen schools. “I’ll not want to experiment with your children.
He mentioned that what the Ministry is planning at the moment is to bring those that’ll be exiting from Junior Secondary to Senior and those who will be writing the West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC) as well as NECO and NABTEB to write their promotion exams and looking at when the interstate lockdown will be reopened so the children can move to write their exams in their schools.
Also responding to this, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and PTF Chairman, Boss Mustapha, said Nigeria would not reopen schools in a hurry in order to avoid severe consequences that happened to other countries. He cited South Korea that reopened the schools and had to shut them again when the cases spiked as well as Israel that also reopened the schools and shut them again.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.
School Updates you Missed:
- Bingham University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
- Federal College of Education Okene Post UTME/DE Screening Form (In Affiliation with University of Ibadan) for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Edo University Post UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Bauchi State University (BASU) Post-UTME / DE Application Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Announced
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us