Grow with Sterling Bank Scholarship 2020 for Nigerian Secondary School Leavers – The Grow with Sterling Scholarship 2020 is a social impact programme that will enable Nigerian Secondary School Leavers further their education under a special partnership arrangement between Sterling and Nexford University.
This scholarship is exclusively for Nigerian Secondary School leavers that want to further their studies. For the duration of your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program, you have the opportunity to join the Sterling team and apply what you are learning.
You may want to check the Official Cut-off Marks For All Institutions 2020/2021 before you proceed.
The Grow with Sterling Scholarship offers 85% Scholarship to study at Nexford University and work at Sterling Bank.
About the Sterling Bank Pioneers Work-Study Programme.
In a continued effort to secure a knowledge-based future that is diverse, Sterling Bank has recently launched the “Grow With Sterling Initiative”. The initiative which finds its roots in one aspect of the Sterling HEART Sectors- Education, seeks to contribute to the educational development of young Secondary School Leavers.
Understanding that an investment in knowledge pays the best interests, the bank recently signed an agreement with Washington DC-based Nexford University by sponsoring secondary school leavers in Nigeria to earn international undergraduate degrees under a maximum duration of three years. To also gain hands-on expertise, they will be concurrently engaged by Sterling Bank to serve in specific capacities in a work-study arrangement.
According to a statement made available by the Chief Human Resources Officer of Sterling Bank PLC, Temi Dalley, the program is part of the Bank’s new-to-the-world opportunities for young Nigerians to get access to quality and affordable education while gaining cognate work experience.
The statement further noted that the financial institution will pay not less than sixty-five percent tuition fee of the learners admitted into the program, marking a significant investment in the education of young Nigerians.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Nigerian, living in Nigeria
- Have five credits including English and Mathematics at O levels or its equivalent
- Provide a strong guarantor from your parents or a guardian
- Not have a Bachelor’s degree and not be enrolled in any tertiary institution in Nigeria or abroad.
Sterling Bank Scholarship Screening Process
Within seven days after submitting your scholarship application, a Sterling Bank representative will contact you via email to let you know if you have been shortlisted.
The Sterling screening process for shortlisted applicants includes the following:
- O Level Screening: Based on O level grades achieved
- Speed Test: you’ll complete a speed test to measure a broad spectrum of abilities
- Interview: you’ll be interviewed virtually by a Sterling Bank representative
- Documentation: you’ll need to submit the following documents to Sterling Bank:
- A parent’s valid means of ID
- A sponsor’s valid means of ID
- A guarantor’s valid means of ID
Get the scholarship decision
Within two weeks, successful applicants will receive a scholarship decision via email from Sterling Bank representative. If your Scholarship application is approved, you’ll get an email from Sterling Bank including a unique tuition code that will give you 85% towards your monthly tuition. Keep this safe, you’ll need this to enrol.
How to Apply for Sterling Bank Scholarship 2020 for Secondary School Leavers.APPLY HERE
Note: Before you apply, please check your eligibility for the scholarship with Sterling Bank and also read the admission requirements that you’ll need to meet to enrol in the BBA program at Nexford University.
Your application is a formal request to be considered for the Grow with Sterling work-study Scholarship. To apply, you’ll need to complete the application and provide:
- A 150-word essay answering: “Why should you be considered for the Grow with Sterling Scholarship?”(150 words maximum)
- Secondary school certificate (WAEC, NECO or GCE)
- Government-issued ID or passport
- Other relevant certificates
If you are ready with the documents and essay, fill in the Grow with Sterling Bank Scholarship Application Form.
Post With by Insideschool Nigeria.Get Insideschool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- FUTO Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED]
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, YMSUK Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Insideschool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us